CO Elevation FC strives to provide a player-centered approach to highly committed and motivated U9 - U10 Mountaineer Academy & U11 - U19 Academy boys and girls. Our coaching staff places emphasis on player needs to foster the characteristics that give strong foundations to young athletes. True player development occurs in an environment that encompasses high quality training and experiences. Players are placed on teams where they will best develop their soccer abilities, game performance, coachability, and dedication to the love of the game.
"Player experiences that meet player needs results in player development."
Players will experience professional coaching from a highly educated staff with different levels of coaching licenses and diplomas from the United States Soccer Federation (USSF) and United Soccer Coaches. Many of our coaches on staff have won championships at the state and regional level and bring both high-level playing and coaching experience to our players. Our methodology includes US Soccer's "Play, Practice, Play" for youth teams and continued through U-19 with an emphasis on creating skilled, creative, and effective athletes. As the player needs change, so does the format and how we approach the player as a whole. Love of sport is what drives all players and coaches to reach higher levels of education, reflection, and the way we all experience soccer in the United States.
Why Choose CO Elevation FC?
Elevation wants to cultivate a relationship for personal growth with our young players beyond the pitch. We are one of the smaller Colorado clubs, allowing the player-centered philosophy to extend to our soccer families. Allowing family to continue to be the root of all player success enables our coaching staff to work alongside with families to develop players to their full potential.
What is the Methodology of CO Elevation FC?
Our staff teaches "possession soccer" from the youngest of age groups, allowing players to see and play the game the way it was intended. The soccer experience should be one of personal decision making, responsibility, team & individual leadership, and (most importantly) creativity. Level of play should not constitute whether they are able to execute optimal decision making abilities when coaches and teams have fully embraced possession soccer. Time and space can be manipulated well by players with creative decision making and high levels of soccer IQ. We teach the right way to play, win or loss aside. Our club has reached top state success in a very short amount of time coupling this methodology with the "whole" player approach. Kick Ball is not an option here, as we combine the best of what US Soccer and United Soccer Coaches has to offer. Our players are taught to be accountable for themselves and their team.
What are the key qualities of Competitive Elevation players?
- Optimal Decision Making Abilities
- Proactive, not Reactive, Attributes
- Enhanced Focus through Possession Plan
- Optimal Technical Bases & Skill use in game play
- Optimal Physical Attributes through Speed & Agility Training
- Team Training & Play Mentality
What does Elevation provide players in the club program?
The Elevation program is dedicated to a 10-12 month training mentality that differentiates in and off season player needs. Our facilities allow our club to extend over the winter and summer months with an emphasis on love of sport and recovery.
- Team trainings are 2-3 times per week at our various grass and turf facilities. Our turf facilities are available for play throughout weathered months due to the ability to clear fields when needed.
- Specialized goalie training is provided to our goalkeepers in-season from an amazing staff of goalkeeper coaches, as well as off-season camps.
- Speed & Agility training with our off-site partners regardless of team level of play 5-10 sessions per season.
- Games are played on Saturdays and, occasionally, Sundays if rescheduling is necessary. Families are expected to be able to travel outside of the Denver area as games are played in a home/away format. Most U10 and under are located in the Denver metro area.
- Teams typically play 1-3 tournaments per season, which are typically play 2-3 consecutive days, but may run shorter/longer based on each tournament entered. Our advanced teams have also earned placement in State Cup, Presidential, and Centennial Cup.
- Opportunities to compete in top out-of-state leagues and tournaments are provided to our U11 - U19 Academy players to continue team and individual development . Our teams compete in various National Premier Leagues, College Showcases, and other high levels of competition around the US .